AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

growing 100 bushel wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 12/6/2010 11:07 (#1470843 - in reply to #1470608)
Subject: Re: growing 100 bushel wheat

Martinsville, Ohio
I don't know because I don't know your soil or last crop tissue report on S. It is an ongoing thing.

All of my soil tests in this region calls for around 20 lbs sulfur. If you don't have that, you will need that for maximum wheat yield.

Sulfur works in harmony with nitrogen. They must both be available in sufficient amounts.

A stoburilin fungicide will help you meet your quest. Many farmers agree it pays to provide an insecticide at the same time as aphids are present and can be heavy. Barley Yellow Dwarf Virus is carried by aphids and a major yield reducer in SRWW. I didn't have any this year but still didn't reach my yield goals because of other factors. You must control this vectrim.

There are many thoughts on fungicides on wheat and each one has it's strength depending on when and where it was applied.

This is where a really good crop scout or consultant can help you reach your goal.

I personally cannot recommend one fungicide or combination or rate or timing for you personally. There are many links available on google, I recommend you search and study and find help to come up with your best conclusion.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)