AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speechless
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/8/2010 10:12 (#1388097 - in reply to #1388085)
Subject: Re: Speechless

I think the USDA noted I had most of my crop priced and was looking for a opportunity to reown on paper - doesn't look promising. I'll be an agressive seller for next year though - a $5 average would be nice (it took 3 years to get an over $4 average).

Isn't this goofy though - I'm not sure how they did it in the past, but these large swings are probably not good for anybody in the long run. Someone has to buy the stuff afterall (last time I check there are no bins on wallstreet). I sold beans into the report noting almost everyone's yields are good to best ever and I believe that to be reality. Corn yields are certainly down, but it's a big country and even Il is a large state - does it make sense to knock so many bushels off the average right now? Emotionally the short/shorter crop looks worse because so many of us are done - great harvest weather and too many wet years got a fire lit under most of our collective butts. Elevators didn't have to dry much, so it looks more like mid winter in town than october. I'm not sure that goes into the USDA calculation though.

I would have been all for a supportive report that kept the trend alive rather than break it out.

thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)