AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFX 750 to EZ Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/18/2010 08:34 (#1364130 - in reply to #1363602)
Subject: RE: CFX 750 to EZ Steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
ellisce - 9/17/2010 20:49

Just got my CFX 750 with cables to connect to my existing EZ Steer, but I can't find the wiring diagram on how to hook it up. Does anyone have a diagram? I can't find it on Trimble's web site. Thanks.

Some of our guys were playing with this yesterday on the Demo Stand. As I understand it, the cable involved for EZ-Steer is the same one as is used with an FmX. I believe this was successful.

They were also investigating getting NEMA GPS OUT for another device.

The menus seem to indicate that this is possible and ask the same questions as are involved with an EZ-Guide 500. Radar out appears to be available also.

With a 500 and EZ-Steer in Demo mode, it is possible to feed the simulated GPS out to another device for demonstration or testing. The thought was that this should be possible with the 750 also.

A Trimble diagram indicates the pinout to get NEMA GPS out of the Deutsch connector on the 750. This did not appear to work properly. There is some question about the pinout since it doesn't follow the 2,3 and 5 pin combination as we would have expected Trimble to use. The attempt was to use Port B for the GPS out since Port A was connected to EZ-Steer. Possibly the GPS OUT needs to come out of Port A.

Along this line, is it possible to get GPS OUT of an FmX?

Edited by tedbear 9/18/2010 08:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)