AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAT 3406E won't start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 7/7/2010 10:03 (#1263760 - in reply to #1263453)
Subject: RE: Answers..

Western CO
A. When it started right after he put the guage on it, it sort of coughed a little and then started but ran normal after it started - no stumble or miss. After that it seemed to start normal but now that I'm thinking about it when I moved it into the shop yesterday it sort of seemed a little rough running but I sort of dismissed that as being cold at the time.

B. About the only wiring I can remember him checking was for the timing sensor, I'll look at the wiring again. Would it throw a code if it weren't getting a signal though?

C. I was going to do that this morning.

D. Yes it has a hand priming pump. When I primed it yesterday after we changed the filters I did get sort of a "crackle" from the filter housing but assumed that was air at the time. I bled it until I got a good stream of fuel out of the air bleed screw.

E. It's in a 1996 truck. Eng. serial # is 5EK74730.

It does have the old style transfer pump on it -- and the new check valve that he installed was the old style. He also explained to me what you said about not using the new style valve with the old pumps.

I will add that during cranking the check engine light will go out and the tach shows RPM's. Battery's are in good shape - they crank her nice and fast.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)