AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reliability of electronic sending units for pressure sensing of sprayer booms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/10/2010 09:25 (#1113585)
Subject: Reliability of electronic sending units for pressure sensing of sprayer booms?

Our Patriot WT is wired for a Raven 660. We have recently replaced it with an Insight and direct command. It's muddy here so I haven't been able to test it, but it appears that the OEM switches in the sprayer are successfully turning the booms on and off so I can only assume that things are working pretty well.

I noticed that the wiring harness that came with the Direct Command kit had the option for interfacing with a pressure sensor on a Raven kit. I feel that would be a very useful feature. We have a pressure gauge in the cab, but it's problematic. The line is filled with ATF, I guess to isolate the cab from chemical exposure. We haven't had good luck with this setup. We usually end up putting a gauge outside the cab that is plumbed back to the boom. This gauge gets dirty quickly and is difficult to see if we're using it for fertilizing at night.

Are the electronic sending units from Raven accurate? Will they do well being used for liquid fertilizer? Is it expensive to replace the sending unit if they fail? Does anyone know the part numbers of what I would need to order if I wanted to get one? It seems like it would be quite nice to be able to read the pressure on the Insight rather than struggle to see a dirty gauge outside of the cab. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)