AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgTalk+ cookbook
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 1/2/2010 18:17 (#999439)
Subject: AgTalk+ cookbook

39.48, -82.98

Several months ago, there was talk about compiling an AgTalk cookbook. I knew we were working on something behind the scenes that would address that -- and here it is: the AgTalk+ Cookbook online.

There isn't much in it at the moment because this is a collaborative page, waiting for your content. Others can then search by category or ingredient, for example. Once you get the hang of it, this feature is really slick. I look forward to seeing all of these mouthwatering recipes stored in one place!

[Note: Since this is a different program on a different server, you will need to register in order to post. We recommend that you use the same screen name as here -- but that isn't required.]

Top of the page Bottom of the page
black dirt
Posted 1/2/2010 20:46 (#999738 - in reply to #999439)
Subject: RE: AgTalk+ cookbook

Elkhart, Illinois
i got one onb there Dave
dko_scOH
Posted 1/2/2010 21:10 (#999788 - in reply to #999738)

39.48, -82.98

Thanks, Bill.

Now we need about a hundred other recipes that have been posted here! Be sure to list the primary ingredients so other can search for all "prime rib" or "oyster" recipes, etc.

Jtown
Posted 1/2/2010 22:01 (#999901 - in reply to #999439)

Central Iowa
What a good idea. Looking forward to all the new recipes.
Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 1/4/2010 20:25 (#1002884 - in reply to #999439)
Subject: ¿Question(s)?

Little River, TX
To Log in to the new forum we need to if registered here? If needed can we use the same name and pass word?

How does my wife put in her pet recipes?
dko_scOH
Posted 1/5/2010 02:16 (#1003718 - in reply to #1002884)
Subject: RE: ¿Question(s)?

39.48, -82.98

AgTalk+ is on a different system and the two do not share registrations. You will have to register there. We encourage you to use the same screen name. You can use the same password, too.

After logging in, go to the Recipes section (top bar) and click Submit a Recipe (lower-left).

One note: on the Ingredient Tags line (about the fourth one down) remember that this is to help others search for recipes. IOW, if you use "ground round or ground chuck" then only users searching on that unlikely phrase will find your recipe. If you use "ground beef" then it will be easy to find. If you really want to specify ground chuck, you can be more specific further down.

If you do make a mistake, relax -- this is a wiki and someone else can come along and fix it.

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)