AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Needing suggestions for new cattle waterer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 12/22/2009 23:27 (#980920)
Subject: Needing suggestions for new cattle waterer?

Mid-Missouri

I need to replace an old rusted out waterer. What we have now is the yellow/blue/red metal waterer, pride of the farm rings a bell but I can't definately say the right name. We only need water for cattle, not hogs, although it would be nice if shorter calves could get to it. We have deep well for water and electric if necessary (depending on design and quality of new waterer) to keep if from freezing. I want one that will never rust out. I also have a fence going down the top middle of the location and cement underneath. With the fence down the middle, I would like accesiblity on both sides. It will be in a semi-pressure area as this fountain is in a working corral.

Normally we make our own fountains out of heavy duty construction tires, buried half way with dirt, with cement in the middle on the bottom, smaller tires or flat sheetmetal in the middle on the top half, and a couple holes cut out of the sidewall on the top half for drinking out of. This works well but will be too large for the area in the corral. Thanks for the advice

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)