AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 6588 or 6788 tractors again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 1/3/2007 00:58 (#82070 - in reply to #81744)
Subject: RE: IH 6588 or 6788 tractors again

Mid Michigan
I would say go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained! Actually I don't understand all the fuss on the 2+2. People say it is built from weak parts and then tell you that a 1066 is the strongest beast ever made. If it has the rear end from a 1066 that should be pretty stout. Especially when it only has half of the engines torque going to it after it is divided by the transfer case. Four wheel drive tractor should have half as much torque on each drive differential as a two wheel drive tractor. So what if you have to do maintenence on the articulation joint. You also don't get stuck nearly as much with this tractor. It has much better pulling power than any equivilant sized 2WD tractor. 4WD can be a huge advantage when the weather gets wet. That thing can do things in fields when the 2WD tractors cant even come out of the shed. It is like comparing 2wd pickups to 4wd. The 2wd does just fine until the conditions get a little bit bad and now the 4wd is 5 times better. I say go for it. Not like you have to pay $100,000 dollars for one. They are priced sometimes barely above scrap price. Take a chance. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)