AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bush Hog 2615L mower
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hesston8465a
Posted 9/20/2009 21:25 (#854086)
Subject: Bush Hog 2615L mower

Parsons Kansas
Decided to do a little mowing today. Apparently, I was suffering from HUBS (head up butt syndrome) and I hit a stump. I knew that stupid thing was there. Today wasn't my first day mowing over this spot. Anyway, Bush Hog isn't bush hogging any more, went to see what is wrong. I can turn the stump jumper on the center section of the mower all the way around without any resistence.

Tried to find my parts book and I guess I ate the dumb thing because I couldn't find it. I would of bet good money we got a operator's and parts manual when we bought this mower but I couldn't find it.

I'm thinking that the shaft that goes out of the gearbox down to the stump jumper has a key in it where the miter gear is connected to the shaft. I'm thinking I stripped that key out or just broke the shaft. Without having a book I can't really know for sure so I thought I would ask you guys. Am I on the right track or is there something I'm missing. Thanks Darren
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cenALfarm
Posted 9/20/2009 21:31 (#854102 - in reply to #854086)
Subject: Re: Bush Hog 2615L mower

Selma, Alabama
Try the Bush Hog website, I think you will finds a parts breakdown there.
PaKettle
Posted 9/20/2009 22:09 (#854185 - in reply to #854086)
Subject: RE: Bush Hog 2615L mower

Lenawee Co Michigan
I've got a 2615, and by golly just happened to have the parts book in the office. If the slip clutches are working correctly nothing should shear but that didn't count in your case. It's been a good mower, much better than the Suk-Up.

<----Pa

(2615A.jpg)

(2615B.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2615A.jpg (96KB - 722 downloads)
Attachments 2615B.jpg (90KB - 635 downloads)
PaKettle
Posted 9/20/2009 22:20 (#854210 - in reply to #854086)

Lenawee Co Michigan
Well heck that didn't do you much good. Here's the center gearbox - looks to be all splined shafts. This is from the 2003 book.

(2615C.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2615C.jpg (87KB - 684 downloads)
Skipper
Posted 9/20/2009 22:39 (#854244 - in reply to #854086)

Did you destroy the slip clutch disk? If I remember right if those disk desintegrate(sp) the gear box will spin effortlessly. Look to see if the center plate is spinning in the slip clutch as its the input shaft portion to the gear box. They are one tough mower but if the slip clutch was froze you might have destroyed something in the gear box. Usually I'll lose a PTO drive shaft first before a gear box goes.
plowboy
Posted 9/20/2009 22:53 (#854275 - in reply to #854086)

Brazilton KS
If the gearbox is not turning, then the spines are gone in #33 in the top picture. If you replace it, you may as well fix the problem and replace #17 in the second picture, too, then you won't be doing it again in a year. R&F should have the parts. Be prepared for the idea that there are two more gearboxes with the same hours on them. If you find anything else wrong inside the gearbox, it doesn't take very long at all before you can just replace the whole gearbox better then working on it....unless of course you have the ability to do machine work and repair instead of replacing parts. Shimstock is not an adequate repair for a loose bearing race. We already proved that for you!
If the shaft broke, the pan would be laying on the ground, so I don't think you broke that.
hesston8465a
Posted 9/20/2009 23:09 (#854296 - in reply to #854210)
Subject: RE: Thanks for the pic!! N/T

Parsons Kansas
hesston8465a
Posted 9/20/2009 23:11 (#854299 - in reply to #854244)

Parsons Kansas
Didn't think to look at the disc. I will look at it tomorrow. I really don't think I'm going to get that lucky. I heard some awful bad noises for a minute or two after this happened. Thanks Darren
PaKettle
Posted 9/20/2009 23:12 (#854301 - in reply to #854296)
Subject: RE: Thanks for the pic!! N/T

Lenawee Co Michigan
Your welcome Darren.

<----Pa
hesston8465a
Posted 9/20/2009 23:25 (#854316 - in reply to #854275)

Parsons Kansas
Gearbox is turning I think. I'm thinking that I stripped the teeth on #2 or maybe #21. This is a little bit different picture then my gearbox. Mine don't have the access cover on the top of it. It's all one cast unit that bolts to the bottom half of the case. We bought the mower new from R&Fabout 10 years ago or so. The pan isn't laying on the ground so like you said the shaft probably isn't broke. I'm not too worried about the other gearboxes. Like I said I hit that stump and the clutches obviously didn't slip and now I have created a mess. Really about the only thing this mower has done is just clipped pasture. It's had a pretty easy life with us as opposed to other brush cutters I have seen. Thanks Darren
pointrow
Posted 9/21/2009 13:16 (#854757 - in reply to #854086)

Central Il Morton
Just a reminder that we are suppose to release the springs on the clutches every year if they haven't slipped. If not done they will freeze up solid in a couple of years.

good luck

pointrow
plowboy
Posted 9/21/2009 19:42 (#855096 - in reply to #854316)

Brazilton KS

I'm sorry, I see now that I didn't exactly type what I was thinking. 

Add this as a prefix to what I typed before.  

If you turn the pan on the bottom, then.....

I'm thinking it's most likely the splines in the big bar on the stump jumper pan.  That's what it's been all three times we have had it on ours.  We have been able to sort of shim up the splines with something pulled up in between them and make it run for a while, but it's just a wear thing. Our mower is about the same age as yours.  It's 20' and has not been used a huge amount of hours but it has been used pretty heavily cleaning up messes we have inherited where someone before didn't take care of a place, and then also some messes which we created ourselves.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)