AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATV sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 6/12/2009 20:31 (#743003 - in reply to #742880)
Subject: RE: ATV sprayer

I used to have a 15 ft boom on the Polaris 400 with 2 electric Sure Flow pumps each one running one side of the boom when I planted beans in 30" rows. It was pretty slick for spot spraying. You had to slow way down when you were spraying but could quickly zip up and down the rows only spraying spots where you needed to.  I had toggle switches where I could run one side or the other or both. 1st pic below

The small ATV battery and charging system would keep up for a while but pretty soon you could hear the pumps slowing down. I also noticed the life of the ATV batteries were pretty short like only a year or so. After that I started putting a deep cycle battery on the front rack for running the dual pump setup.

I would also use the large boom for spraying the yard in the spring but it was unhandy around trees, buildings and obstacles.

I've since went with a little different setup. One pump runs a short 3 nozzle boom which is great for field perimeters, or spraying gravel drives and it's set up with non drip nozzles.

The other pump output is into a tee. One side goes to a hand wand for spraying around buildings, poles trees etc. The other side goes to a shut off valve and then onto a single wide broadcast nozzle that will cover 14 ft. I now have a 3 position switch on the handle bar that lets me alternate between center off or which pump I want running. It works out nice for yard spraying or large gravel areas. Flip the switch to one side and you get the short boom that is just about as wide as the 4 wheeler tread for going along edges, buildings or obstacles. Then you can switch to the wide broadcast nozzle for larger areas or wide open expanses without worrying about a boom flopping around.

Pics 2&3

(P1010006 (Small).JPG)

(P6120011 (Small).JPG)

(P6120013 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1010006 (Small).JPG (44KB - 677 downloads)
Attachments P6120011 (Small).JPG (37KB - 607 downloads)
Attachments P6120013 (Small).JPG (53KB - 611 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)