AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dreaming on a Winter Morning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 12/22/2010 11:24 (#1500653)
Subject: Dreaming on a Winter Morning

Martinsville, Ohio

I am dreaming about my crop next year.

I have wheat that looks pretty good. It was sure dusted in. We have had about 5 inches of rainfall since it was dusted in, 7 inches or so below normal rainfall.

But you look at today's prices for next year's crop and you have to wonder should it be corn or soybeans?I can grow good corn, above the county average, same for beans.

I have run the calculator a thousand times and it is pretty much wheat, double cropped with soybeans or corn or beans.I like rotation as you know by reading my posts but I can potentially make the same money killing the wheat as a cover and going to corn or beans.The big thing is that the early fall let me get all my acres covered with something.I lean all three directions, so, which would you do?

Wheat double cropped with soybeans, kill it and go to corn or full season beans?

We have a great opportunity now and I want to do what is right for me. I can do all three on these farms, seed is available of what I want, fertility is there for all three crops.I am looking for ideas and direction here?Which direction do you think I should go?

What do you plan to do?

Ed Winkle

Edited by Ed Winkle 12/22/2010 15:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)