AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mud sticking to shovel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Test ForumMessage format

Slug5276
Posted 5/10/2024 10:44 (#10735545)
Subject: Mud sticking to shovel

Hello all, I bury service coax and fiber cable lines normally 8-12 inches deep and when its too wet to use machine I have to do it by hand with a shovel, I dont dig out a trench but rather I step and rock the shovel back n forth until deep enough which basically just making a split in the ground big enough to poke/shove the cable down into, so my question is since im doing this in customers yards is there a safe oil to use to soak my shovel in to help keep the mud from sticking so much that wont harm or kill the grass? Ive heard of mixing old oil and sand in a bucket to let shovels soak in but i dont want to kill customers grass since I bury service lines from house to the mainline box or pedestal. Is there a simple trick, ive also seen using cooking spray but im thinking of something I can let my shovel soak it overnight when not in use. Does anyone know or have experience using a mud repellent spray or should I just use cooking oil instead of motor oil in a bucket with sand? ive seen a few mudoff products that are used to help clean off dirt bikes and such but not sure if that would work in this situation. any and all help is greatly appreciated

Edited by Slug5276 5/10/2024 10:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)