AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Steer or Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/5/2007 08:19 (#99546 - in reply to #99405)
Subject: Re: EZ Steer or Autopilot

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have both. I have an EZ-Steer in an 8310 using the built in WAAS GPS. The bracket for a track tractor was used to improve the plastic "twist" mentioned above. This mounting is much more secure but prevents the steering column from being adjusted in & out. The loss of this adjustment has not been a problem for us.

I also have a Trimble Autopilot working with an Ag Leader Insight in an 8120. The GPS source is a Trimble 332 running under XP.

The 8310 is used for tillage purposes and manure. The 8120 is used for planting and other operations.

I was happy enough using the 8120 with autopilot for planting corn and soybeans with a 12 row 1760 planter. It was not always picture perfect but far better than I had been doing myself. My biggest problem is turning in properly with the ILS front end and a 12 row planter. Because I don't make my turns consistent, there is sometimes a bit of a wide-narrow relationship on the beginning of a pass until the planter "squares up" behind the tractor.

The setup on the 8310 is very useful for the purposes for which it was intended. I don't think I would be happy in using my combination of EZ-Steer for planting. I have heard of others who were satisfied. I guess it depends on a variety of factors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)