AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More Greenstar questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

MMP
Posted 1/27/2007 22:30 (#95459 - in reply to #94922)
Subject: RE: More Greenstar questions

Tommy - 1/26/2007 19:01

I see some Greenstar questions below. Here are mine:
Just bought a 9610 w factory Greenstar w/o GPS. Former owner said works good, so I assume it does work from cabpost speed reading. Please walk me through using it.
1) Head width-- Cornhead is simple, but what about beanhead going diagonally in 15" row beans. What width should I put in for a 925 since I know I don't cut a completely "full" 25'?

"I agree with the previous post. Put in 24'. I cut at a diagonal also and after cutting 15" rows in a 320acre field at about an 10 degree angle, the yield is close enough to not worry about. I have even set the angles up as seperate fields the first time I did it, then the next year I didn't do it and it still came out about the same."

2) Do I use the Greenstar on a load or two, then weigh the loads and somehow calibrate it to match the scale weight?

"Since its been used before, then its probably set pretty close. Your calibration load is wherever you hit start then stop it. It does not have to be one hopper. It can be several hoppers. But it must ALL fit into the same truck/wagon. The screen will show how many lbs. you have, and will have a place to put the scale ticket lbs. You can tell by the difference in lbs if you need to do another calibration load or not. Odds are one will be enough for each crop.

Keep in mind that the @#$& engineers see no need in calibration loads effecting prevous swaths/fields, so anything you've already have done will be reflected in the overall field/farm yields. So its best to do it when you get into your first field. The manual is pretty easy to understand when it comes to calibration runs."

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)