AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wish Chevy would.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Licensed to kill
Posted 1/22/2021 09:37 (#8771761 - in reply to #8771730)
Subject: RE: I wish Chevy would.....

Northern Alberta
EastOnfarmer - 1/22/2021 08:25

Farms With CASE - 1/22/2021 10:09

What you gonna do with that saved money, spend it somewhere else? We could pick apart any and all purchases as wasteful spending if we really wanted to. Sometimes is nice to splurge and enjoy things.

Well said!!! I could die today, none of us know when. enjoy life now! i had friend save for years to buy a newer truck but price keeps going up every year. I went out and bought a new truck and make the payments while I drive it and enjoy it. no difference, nor do i care what he does. his money, my money. your money. spend it!!

I have never seem a brinks truck following a hearse yet!!!

I agree 100%. However, if someone chooses to spend today like there is no tomorrow, don't cry poverty and, in the case farmers, don't cry to anyone (especially the government) when (not if) you have a bad year and struggle to meet your financial obligations. I believe that everyone is free to run their lives and business as they see fit but that means taking FULL responsibility when things go sideways. Oilfield is the same in that you KNOW there is going to be good times and bad times and that YOU have little to no control over when or how bad the bad times will be. prepare for them or don't. Your choice but be prepared to live with the choices you make. For the record, I'm NOT suggesting that everyone that "splurges" for something nice is being irresponsible by doing so or doing the wrong thing. Not at all. Just know that we are ALL (or at least SHOULD be) responsible for the decisions we make.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)