AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader 1200 to run Hardi Sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/22/2021 06:36 (#8771205 - in reply to #8771153)
Subject: RE: Agleader 1200 to run Hardi Sprayer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not real familiar with the Ag Leader setup to replace the Hardi Controller but it is possible in at least some situations. It would not replace the fold box. Hardis often use a positive displacement pump which directs the excess flow back to the tank. Their valves are often 3-way valves so when you shut a section off, that flow goes back to the tank as opposed to many systems where it is just "shut off". This means that is is difficult to install a flow meter that just measures what gets to the ground as in other sprayers.

Ag Leader and a few other brands use an idea called "Calibrated Reflow" for those plumbing arrangements. When a section is shut off, the same total flow passes through the flow meter as if all the sections were on, BUT the system reduces the effective flow rate based on the sections that are still on.

A simple example would be a 3 sections sprayer with all sections the same widths. With all sections ON, the flow rate used is the total flow passing through the flow meter. With one section OFF and the other two ON, the systems uses a factor of 2/3 for the effective flow getting to the ground with the assumption being that the amount returning to the tank would be the same as would be going to the ground when using that section.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)