AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on round cab Deeres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Olddeeres4ever
Posted 1/21/2021 11:54 (#8769374 - in reply to #8769261)
Subject: RE: Question on round cab Deeres

1 hour east of ol cheyenne
1. To the OP .... You ever seen a john deere with a round cab. I have not. I have seen soundguard cabs on johndeere tractors. Do you have such envy of the quiet cabs that Deere had available 5 decades ago that you can't even call them by their proper name. Have you spent too many hours in an off brand echo chamber?
2. Why would you complain about this? Deere engines seem to last very well that do this. Many engines with rotary pumps and no starting rack may see MORE wear from starting and running slow to warm up by not properly burning the fuel when running slow after start up. 4230s. N/A and rotary pump) and the like engines don't seem to last any longer than engines with inline pumps that have starting racks. As a Deere wrench twister once told me if someone racked you you would be kinda pissed off too!!
3.The starting rack design will clear the engine's throat so to speak. The hardest thing on a diesel is slow idling when the fuel is not burning properly which washes the rings. We never let a tractor warm up below 1100 rpm. More total revolutions but they run cleaner and don't wash the rings that way. Heck if they didn't start like that and went twice as far before needing a rebuild you would complain about that too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)