AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calculating Gallons Per Acre On A Sprayer When Spraying Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JD105404T
Posted 1/20/2021 20:47 (#8768050)
Subject: Calculating Gallons Per Acre On A Sprayer When Spraying Question

Hey Guys,

I live in Northwest Oklahoma where our biggest crop is Hard Red Winter Wheat. We have a Bestway 1200 sprayer that covers 90 feet on 20 inch spacing. It has a Raven 450 Controller to control it. We hooked everything up the other day and it was not showing me anything for gallons per acre when we were running the sprayer. I can't remember if I have to be moving for it to start showing me gallons per acre when spraying. We were just sitting still when we were running it and it does get its ground speed from a GPS Signal an I know the GPS unit is working. I am going to have to try some things to see if I can get it working. The question I have is that I was wondering if there is a formula I can use to calculate to estimate how much water I am spraying per acre by using ground speed on the Tractor and the PSI guage on the Sprayer. For Example if I want to Spray 15 Gallon of water per Acre How fast would I need to be driving and how much pressure should the PSI Guage on the Sprayer should it be showing?

Thank you,
JD105404T
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)