AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment Jockeys drive anybody else nuts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 1/9/2021 09:41 (#8736287 - in reply to #8734740)
Subject: RE: Equipment Jockeys drive anybody else nuts?

Jeffersonville, OH
Seems like someone got butt hurt they missed a deal and looking for someone to blame for them not being ready...

We buy, sell, trade and deal in new...I grew up in the dealership, but we have always "jockeyed" equipment too, it's in my blood.

That being said, cash is king...first one with money or a signed contract, gets the piece. TOO MANY times do were here I'll take it if you can hold it until XX, then they never show, or show up and find a nick in a tire they don't like and say "oh you never said anything about that" and drive away. That's all fine, it's there prerogative, but "I'll take it" means you are ready to buy. So, nowadays, you put a non-refundable deposit down, or if someone beats you here with money, it's theirs.

Doesn't matter if it's new or used either. BUT, we do tell everyone that, so we try to be very open and honest about it. We also take a LOT of pictures of everything, and sell quite a bit of stuff sight unseen. We also stand behind things if there is an issue. It all adds up in the long run.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)