AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Massey 5S has landed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/23/2020 10:44 (#8691815 - in reply to #8691349)
Subject: RE: New Massey 5S has landed

Jeffersonville, OH
zimmerman service - 12/23/2020 08:38

I agree with everything you are saying Chris. In my opinion, the only thing Agco did wrong was not offering the ideal as both a MF and a Fendt. They did almost everywhere else, why not NA? Then all the Massey guys would be buying them and bragging to their neighbors about their new modern Massey combine. No one would care much about the last series because they could buy something new and updated with their favorite name on it. It's just when Agco tells long time loyal customers that they can't have the brand they want while the rest of the world does - that's what upsets people and causes them to totally switch away. I dont blame them, I would be doing the same.

That I can't explain, other than they have not sold many MF combines the last few years, so why brand the new machine as MF if the old MF's weren't selling? They wanted the IDEAL to be the PREMIUM combine, and only sold through the dealers that really wanted to be involved. If they made it a MF combine, and offered it to all dealers, then there would be a lot of dealers that said "hell yes we want it" sold 3 in 10 years, and had 3 unhappy customers. Does that really represent the brand ?

Do I agree with everything, nope...but, I do believe in AGCO's leadership at the current time. The folks at the top CARE about the customer and the products, I am sure of that. Are they perfect, no, but they do care.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)