AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Massey 5S has landed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 12/22/2020 07:36 (#8688926 - in reply to #8687352)
Subject: RE: New Massey 5S has landed

Jeffersonville, OH
We have asked when we will be getting a real High HP MF...honestly, what we were told, is we need to hear there is a REAL market for something bigger than the 8700S...so guys, I am telling you this:

TELL YOUR DEALER YOU WANT A MF HIGH HORSEPOWER TRACTOR. Make sure they know they need to tell AGCO every chance you get. Make them understand what you want, and what features you need, and then you have to ACTUALLY BUY ONE if they produce it.

Maybe we could get a 1000 Series in Red, maybe we can get a red track machine, maybe a red articulated 4wd. Who knows how they would attempt to skin that cat, but there are a lot of options in the AGCO toolkit.

Now, when is the 8S coming here...What we were told at the product launch is Q4 2021 I believe, but with COVID, it may be pushed back a bit. I know Eaurope gets them first, which is fine with us, as they can react to problems quicker and earlier when they are closer to all the engineering in France. If everything is still holding to the original plans, we should see some at the later shows this summer, again, depending on the world COVID situation.

God I hate saying that. So tired of having that word dictate life, LOL

The 5S we haven't heard anything, but again, I would imagine late 2021 early 2022. In my area, it's not a great seller for us, so I'm not as worried about the 5S. Our customers don't use a 100hp tractor enough to justify the cost. Quebec sells a ton, as does the dairy and livestock areas of the country.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)