AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not meant as an insult to Mac users, just funny
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/1/2009 21:49 (#832415 - in reply to #832081)
Subject: Re: Not meant as an insult to Mac users, just funny

I agree with you that the cheaper Macs are still more expensive than PC's. However, Macs come with a number of high quality software apps that you'd have to pay good money for on a PC to get anything comparable. The question then becomes whether these apps are something you would make use of. There are a couple that came on mine that I thought I'd never use, but after playing around with them out of curiosity and seeing how easy and well they worked, I now use on a regular basis.

On your second statement - very few users install new OS's on PC's because they simply lack the resources to run every new version of Windows - due to, you guessed it - bloat. This is why I ended up switching to Mac in the first place. I like to stay on top of the latest and greatest and wanted to switch to Vista when it came out (this was before reality struck and everyone found out the hard way that Vista was a turd). My 3 yr old Dell (at the time) did not have what it took to run Vista well. I was faced with buying a new system or staying with XP. It was then that I decided to give Mac a try. It is not at all uncommon in the Mac world to upgrade OS's on old Macs. I've not seen concrete figures, but I'm willing to bet that close to 75% of Mac owners upgraded from Tiger to Leopard in the past 2 years since Leopard was released - and there aren't any serious ongoing complaints about lack of performance on older machines running Leo.

Sooo, I reckon it evens out in the end. Buy a new, but cheaper PC every few years to get the latest hardware capable of running the newest version of Win, or buy a more expensive Mac and run it longer because it is still able to run the newer OS's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)