AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a WAAS auto-steer unit to move around in rented tractors, what would you suggest
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 12/23/2006 12:02 (#77714 - in reply to #77689)
Subject: RE: Looking for a WAAS auto-steer unit to move around in rented tractors, what would you suggest

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

If there is something out there with the portability of the EZ-Guide / EZ-Steer combo, I'm not aware of it.

Moving from tractor to tractor is about as simple as loosening two wingnuts that mount the servo steering motor and tightening them on the target bracket. Then route the cables, sitck the mag-mount antenna on the roof, and plug the power cord into the lighter plug. Once you have the servo bracket made, it probably takes about an hour to do it all up neatly. EZ guys have ready made brackets for the large frame Cats, so that's not a big deal.

Accuracy seems to be mostly limited by the accuracy of the WAAS corrected GPS signal. Steering is usually held within 2 inches or less of where the system thinks you should be. I've only used my system for about half a season & I can't really remember a time when the display indicated more than 2 inches from target line.

Pics of my installs here. I chose to build my own brackets, as I thought I could do a bit better than the EZ guys did.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)