AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger & RTK compatibility
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FRMLPLR
Posted 12/18/2006 20:01 (#75503 - in reply to #74176)
Subject: Re: Challenger & RTK compatibility

Easiest (not the best) would be to stick with Autoguide/Beeline. I assume the Autoguide you currently have is the "decimeter" level accuracy. That GPS unit is not upgradeable and would require it to be replaced with Beeline's RTK receiver/antenna and radio, along with the purchase of a Beeline base station.

Or you could upgrade to Trimble use the AG252 rcvr with the radio attached, a AgLeader Insight or Trimble Field Manager Display (much easier to use and more functionality(now and future) than the display in the arm rest), ISO install kit and a base station or subscribe to a network. Roughly $22K(less freight, tax, installation) for the tractor or about $33K(plus freight, tax, install) tractor and a base station.

I think you would be better off with the Trimble. Beeline/AGCO not who I look to for the future in Precision Ag. Think about the life of this unit (5 years minimum) not just the upfront cost. Will they be adding features and new functions?? Beeline was almost dead when they moved from CA to CO a couple years ago. They were for sale, Raven decided against buying even though they supplied them with many components. AGCO added them to there list of companies. Not their main business, never will be.

If you decide to go Beeline/Autoguide I have 2 brand new Beecon bases and a brand new Aero system for a MT that i need to get rid off.

Just my .02 cents adjusted for inflation!

Scott
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)