AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rv
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

eight
Posted 2/3/2019 12:10 (#7294087 - in reply to #7292739)
Subject: RE: Rv

South Texas
Here’s a something one of my buddies posted elsewhere, explains things some.

Gas Class A's - lowest tier, essentially built on an F350 or F450 gas platform, no air ride, no air brakes, etc...

Diesel Class A's with the Gas Class A body - Second tier. This is a body the companies make that will fit on either a front engine or diesel pusher frame. You can tell these if the basement compartments do not go all the way thru. The RV designers design one body and then use either frame. This is to say in my case Tiffin makes the exact same RV, just called Allegro, not Allegro Pusher, and in jones' case instead of Discovery its just a Fleetwood. The diesels typically have a higher trim level inside, but overall, it's the same body. Typically these are on a Freightliner "Spartan Chassis"

Diesel Class A's meant to be only Diesels - Third level, these are ones with a body specific for the Freightliner chassis. Some older ones are on OshKosh or Bluebird Chassis's. This is where your American Eagle, etc... fit in

Highest Tier - Chassis and Body custom designed for 1,000,000 miles of use. This is the Prevost, Wanderlodge/MCI, Silver Eagle and Foretravel's fit in. Expect to pay over $500,000 new.

Comparison, My 2000 Allegro Bay Pusher is on a Freightliner Spartan Chassis with a cummins pushing 275 horsepower. My uncle has a 1994 Wanderlodge (6 years older) with italian leather seats, a 450 hp cat motor, a diamond plate roof, with pop up rails that acts as a deck for entertaining people. My 2000 depending on shape goes for $20,000 to $30,000, my uncles still sells for over $30k.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)