AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dairy barn open house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 2/2/2019 21:38 (#7293246 - in reply to #7292879)
Subject: RE: Dairy barn open house

North of London
Kevin, that wind on Wednesday had her wondering as the temperature in the crawl space where we put the remote sensor among the water line was down to 1.7C
She did a wash and got it up to 1.9
Think it hung in there the next morning and she said she took a long shower.
Once the wind went down it started rising.

Not sure what it would have dropped to if we had not foamed in the ring joists and some other cracks around supports.

I actually have not seen Murray for some time, live too close to one another I guess.

Have heard rumours that he is going to quit looking after the pig barn and rent it out but not sure if that is true or not.

The silo demolition was just up the road from his place and will change his view.

Guess I should have taken more pics of the barn but it was cold even in the barns so kept my phone and hands in my pockets.
They did feed everyone which we did not expect but it was cool standing around eating our meal.

The sand bedding is interesting with a special 'truck' to haul and place the sand and how they reclaim it from the manure.
Must be using some in old building or they just put some manure and sand in the pit feeding the sorting machine to show it off
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)