AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can you dunk?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 1/21/2019 21:10 (#7262691 - in reply to #7261644)
Subject: RE: Can you dunk?

south central IOWA
In the barn I can ;-)

Best dunking stories I got wasn't from me but a kid on my high school team. He was decent size, think he played tight end up at Iowa State. He was a funny dunker. Could dang near touch the top of the backboard jumping off two feet but if he tried jumping off one foot, he couldn't even hardly touch the rim. He also set school records in high jump so go figure. But anyway.....

We were at our rivals school getting towards the end of the game. He gets a rebound under the hoop and goes straight back up to dunk it. Shatters the backboard! We all stood there in disbelief but it was the coolest thing we've ever seen. Game was over then.

The next week we were playing at home. The same kid gets the ball about at the free throw line. Drives to the hoop, dunks, and shatters the backboard again! I think everyone in the gym was cheering except the Athletic Director. He was madder than all get out. Stomping around like a little 3 year old. He was going to make the kid pay for new hoops at our school but someone's dad stepped up and said he'd buy the school new ones so that the kid wouldn't have to.

After the dust had settled the kid finally said he was pretty sure he knew how the break them. He thought the first one was just a fluke but after he done the second one and he felt like he made the same motion, he was pretty sure he knew how. Needless to say, he never tried to break another one.

The sweetest allyoop I ever gave him was I get a rebound and he goes to hauling the mail to the other end. I look up and he gave me a nod. I'm thinking, I'm not even to half court yet and you're gonna be at the hoop in like .5 seconds.... so I let it fly from half court, he jumps off 2 feet from what seemed like 15 feet away and just made a spectacular dunk. It very easily could have been a what the heck were you guys doing play but it all worked out.

(Screenshot_20190121-202520_Video Player (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20190121-202520_Video Player (full).jpg (41KB - 63 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)