AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Implant update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

soya257
Posted 11/14/2018 20:27 (#7106119)
Subject: Implant update

Went and got my implant set up near as high as it can go and the hearing aid yesterday.
Also got a program on my implant that when in a crowd and talking to someone face on , I will hear them clearer and not so much of the other noise.
So was at a restaurant tonight and the person siting across from me , I could understand pretty good.
Audiologist told me that turning it up any more would be going back wards in the understanding of people and said it will just take time.
I'm very happy at what I have got to hear now and understanding on the radio is coming along good, saying what I could understand six weeks ago.
There is still problems understanding some people and still have some bad times and was told that is normal.
The noise in my head started to go down some and then last week it came back as loud as ever, and was told it should calm down over the long run.(which I hope is true)
I'm really glad so far that I got the implant, as without it I would be totally lost.
I recommend it 100% to anyone that is told it would help them out and to get their life back on track.
I also need to have the noise (volume)loud to help drown out the noise in my head .
Glad also that there is mentors out there to help people out to understand what they have went through and what to look forward too also.
Still a long road and I still see the good in the listening aspect of it all.
One last thing the implant and the hearing aid together is like Stereo listening, as they seem to help each other out in the quality of listening.( As I know that I will never be able to understand anyone now with the hearing aid)
I won't go back to have it looked at till April unless I find a problem.
So good Luck to anyone that is going to get one .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)