AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Big Reset underway..?? Corn to $2.. Beans to $6. When does it hit input prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cf1967
Posted 10/26/2018 07:43 (#7066036 - in reply to #7065819)
Subject: RE: The Big Reset underway..?? Corn to $2.. Beans to $6. When does it hit input prices?

I agree 100%. Most of the country had fantastic crops this year and we had the opportunity to sell corn for $4and sb for $10. Whether we took advantage of that is our own fault not Trumps or anyone else’s. I freely admit that I didn’t forward sell as much as I should have but again that’s my fault. A year ago at this time there was the same gloom and doom about the corn market and ev Rhône was going to plant beans but yet we still some decent marketing opportunities even after multiple near record crops. Right now after another record crop Dec futures are hovering around the $4 mark for corn and sb are $9. If you live in an area that has a decent basis (I know it sucks for those that don’t)that’s probably not a horrible place to start locking in a few bushels. I’m amazed at how many people on here look at prices now at the normal seasonal lows and think this is as good as it’s going to get for the next 12 months. Like Deere said more than likely there will be something happen here or somewhere else in the world which will give us an opportunity to sell for a profit. I think we all got spoiled in the early ethanol boom and now we think the sky is falling. In my 30+ years of farming sqeezing out a small profit and hopefully continue to build a little equity each year is much more normal than making big money. Farming isn’t for the faint of heart. I realize I live in an area with decent basis and usually good crops but my point is you can’t paint with a broad brush and say that everyone is losing money farming.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)