AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some ration help please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Cache Creek
Posted 9/27/2018 13:38 (#7012305 - in reply to #7011818)
Subject: RE: Some ration help please

Yeah,it’s one of those things where he probably shouldn’t have cows but he does and he’s willing to pay me to keep them. I try to treat him best I can but I try not to lose money doing it. I also try to conduct our business with his wife or brother present because I know he can do it cheaper if he wanted to and I want his family to know what’s going on. I always pencil out for him what it’s going to cost. Actually we go through this every year but it’s different with hay starting out at $100 and going up. If we have any kind of a winter hay prices will go way up I’m thinking, hopefully it won’t get too bad but the old timers here are comparing this year with ‘48-‘49, let’s hope not.

I’ll probably keep the corn in there as these cows will go backwards without some kind of supplement, especially after they calve. Some are pretty old, some are 1st calvers, I never know what he’ll show up with, sometimes good, sometimes salebarn rejects.

Yeah, I have my own little paradise here and it’s good hay and cattle country with good neighbors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)