AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atleast someone in the media gets it....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

patt0463
Posted 8/31/2018 08:31 (#6961271 - in reply to #6960845)
Subject: RE: +100

NE Oregon
Buck, I don’t have enough knowledge about Canadian dairy policy to have an educated opinion. What I do know is that no cattleman would like the government mandating things that would increase their costs. So I disagree with your hipocricy advocating for policy that would cut into the profit margin of the packers because you think of them as your enemy.

Furthermore, you haven’t even acknowledged the things I previously stated that show the fallacy of your argument. If packers are so greedy, and the policy you want increases domestic consumption of US beef, why would the packer bid any more to the feeder? Only if they were fighting with other packers for the cattle would they bid up, which they will only do if they are making money hand over fist, in which case you will complain they are making too much money and not sharing it with the feeder.

The only for sure result of MCOOL policy is increased cost and retaliatory tariffs for our other exportable goods. Which would be a net negative for our economy.

Best way to increase our market is decreasing trade barriers for increased exports. Next best thing is decreasing regulatory barriers on our inputs so we can decrease our costs.

But you would be a hippocrit to advocate for decreasing regulations on your business while advocating for increased regulations for other people’s business. I hope you wouldn’t be advocating for increasing your own costs?

I’m doing my best to be consistent in my principles and beliefs regarding everyone’s businesses and not just thinking the world should only be fair to me.

But I see you are stuck in this belief. I’m really not trying to change your mind buck, as you shouldn’t try to change mine, I am also firm in my beliefs. I only provide my counter perspective to contribute to the dialogue and hope to influence the minds of undecided readers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)