AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild ( i mean wild ) calves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

toby
Posted 7/12/2018 14:26 (#6865725)
Subject: Wild ( i mean wild ) calves

Middle Tennessee
Three calves born out of sequence that I weaned 3 weeks ago. They along with their mamas were in a 20 acre field came into the corral for feed . I loaded the herd 15 cows 14 calves 1 bull and hauled to a work chute a mile away. No problems what so ever. Vet and crew worked them as I put them in the squeeze and pushed them towards chute. Hauled the rest back and left 3 with bull. Sorted them from bull carried to the weaning pen no problem what so ever. Now each day I walk in the 200 by 100 pen they run for the mountains are in our terms wild as hell. I sorted out 12 calves yesterday and put them out together in a 20 acre pasture. If I were not a poor farmer needing the money to pay feed bills, they would be target practice. I am almost embarrassed to sell them. Hand feeding daily never been hit with anything except when they ricochet off the corral . Raised mamas and they are almost pet and the bull has never had an issue as I have12 claves out of him in another pen. . What is my problem and how do I insure it never happens again.

Toby
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)