AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

With all this tariff talk you would
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

thereaper
Posted 7/4/2018 11:48 (#6850182 - in reply to #6850137)
Subject: RE: With all this tariff talk you would

Ol’ Wisco
I couldn’t agree more JP. Both on markets and perspective.

When I tell people what I do for a living the majority of the time their response is “Aww man that hard work!” To which I reply, “Not the Midwest type of farming I do. We have A/C tractors that drive themselves 90% of the time and a computer in them that tells me what’s going on. Heated and A/C skid loaders for cattle work. We don’t pitch manure or bedding with pitchforks anymore. And most everybody has a pretty nice heated shop with lots of fancy tools. My grandfather and father had the farming that was hard work. Horses, open cab tractors on -15 below days, all after pitching the barn and working up a soaking sweat. Small squares stacked in 120 degree mow. No us midwest farmers have it easy as pie.”

I truly believe we have one of the best lifestyles in America today. Yea there is some stress and ups and downs. But all in all I believe we are very blessed people in rural America. Go spend a day in the city life and the attitude people and speed of the life will make you miss home real quick.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)