AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa, we so bad.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 7/3/2018 07:43 (#6847809 - in reply to #6847075)
Subject: RE: Iowa, we so bad.

Mid MO
Seems to me that consumers are a bit hypocritical. It's their dollars that fuel demand that farmers meet. If there was less need for the corn, farmers would grow what the market is calling for. They want the corn and want to tell you how to grow it and want everything as cheaply as possible. All while living on 5 acres of what used to be corn ground. They create the situation, agriculture responds to the economics.

What about the indiscriminate use of lawn chemicals and dog poo generated by suburbia?

Have a situation here where a little creek drains one side of town. Never used to get out, now it gets out all the time. When I was little, city park and school were so cash strapped that they couldn't mow near it. (Top 100 ac of watershed) Now the better homes and gardens types have pulled out all the willows and riprapped the creek so they can mow up to the edge with a lawn mower. Constantly scalping practice fileds that didn't exist when I was a kid. We used to catch crawdads at recess! Now the geniuses can't figure why the creek gets out, but they're pretty sure more money will solve the problem. Leave it alone and call it an outdoor classroom, there ya go.

Fwiw, it was prettier when I was little. Now It's just an ugly ditch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)