AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

please seek help if deeply depressed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NoDakFarmer
Posted 7/3/2018 06:42 (#6847697 - in reply to #6847595)
Subject: RE: please seek help if deeply depressed

SE ND
frytownfarmer - 7/2/2018 16:11

Drilldo - 7/2/2018 23:56

I am in my forties and was never really religious until the past year or so. Jesus truly fills the voids in our hearts and minds that are there without him. It is amazing how much having faith can change your life.

Awesome. Learning to love selflessly and bringing glory to God by trying our hardest and trusting the rest to him is not the easiest but it’s the only way to go through life. Depression in my experience has been my rejection of Gods plan for my life because I KNEW what was better and this possibly couldn’t be what’s best for me and there was NO way out...

But reality was that it’s not about me and my plans and the situation might be about others and I had to learn to trust God in this path. Also I came to realize that NOBODY has the perfect life and everyone has GONE through a trial, going through a trial... or just hasn’t lived long enough to go through their trial yet but everyone is called to submit their lives to Christ because holding on to what you think was your life to be will plunge you into depression for months when it doesn’t come to fruition... or if it does it’s because you ran over others to obtain it and the destruction of those relationships is not worth the material gain you obtained

Trials expose our hearts... Do we become bitter or destroy relationships to obtain what we want which will lead to depression if unobtained... or do we trust that God has a plan for our lives even if it looks nothing like we had planed. Best thing I did was turn my life over to Gods control and depression left me. I could have masked it with drugs but it wouldn’t have healed my bitterness. Nothing I could have done would have taken the weight of depression off my shoulders like turning my life over to the guy in charge and trusting he has a better plan

Well said Fry. I completely agree that we will all go through trials. What causes me to break is different than what it takes for someone else. Yet, God knows exactly what it takes to bring us to our knees. Ultimately, he wants us to let go f our pride and seek him. My mom always told me, "we can choose to get bitter, or we can get better." The older I get, the more obvious it becomes that this life is quickly fading away. How much I farm, what I drive, how others think of me, none of it matters to eternity. Al that matters is that I seek out the Lord, and build a relationship with the one who created all things for His glory and yet laid down His selflessly for all who choose to believe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)