AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Places to stay in Hawaii
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 7/3/2018 05:41 (#6847626 - in reply to #6847509)
Subject: RE: Places to stay in Hawaii

central - east central Minnesota -

ak47 - 7/2/2018 23:22 Forgive me but what do you on the islands I remember reading once but cant for the life of me remember.

Haleiwa - 7/2/2018 22:20

Courtyard by Marriott is pretty nice, fairly new, and less crowded than Waikiki.  Parking is something like $5 a day, which is a whole lot better than the 35 to 50 they charge at the Waikiki hotels.  It's connected to the Polynesian Culture Center, and was part of the Mormon Church's major renovation a few years ago.

Good advice  . . . . although, if you do want to see/stay in the Waikiki area, one of the hotels on the east end (by the zoo) are quieter. Queen Kapiolani has just finished a major renovation, top to bottom. Farther to the east, very close to diamond head are some more hotels that are not part of the down town. Waikiki isn't a bad spot to stay and become part of (for a brief period of time). Very safe, good sights and eats. Rent a car by the day and get out of that area when and where you want. Then no parking charges for your hotel, if you rent a vehicle by the day, . Any of the Aqua Hotels are good to stay at also - again, I prefer the east end. All hotels have resort charges in addition to room prices.

Sights - too many to mention. All island sights originate off Waikiki area. If you are there for extended period (3 or more days), get a trolley pass. Then you can sight see off the trolley. Do a google search and you can explore that inexpensive option. Diamond head hiking is good, along with city tour / museums (all off the trolley). All other island tours pick up at the various hotels on the strip, so easy to book and get on / off tours. Riding the trolley and seeing the city is a good way to see/learn about the Honolulu / Waikiki area. Car rentals are in the various hotels in Waikiki area also. Very easy, safe area for sight seeing and home base so to speak, for first timers.
Traffic is horrific in and around Waikiki/Honolulu area . . . . renting a vehicle to get out of that area is fine, no need to rent a vehicle to get around Honolulu / Waikiki - it'll take some time in the stop and go traffic (likely an hour or so to get out of town) . . . .trolley or bus work great. Hotels have shuttles to various fairs also (shopping malls, harbor, flea market, etc, etc). There are tours to all parts of the island, so really, renting a vehicle isn't necessary . . . . . .

When are you going?

Edited by iseedit 7/3/2018 05:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)