AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apply this logic and see if it flies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sand85
Posted 7/1/2018 22:34 (#6845440 - in reply to #6845185)
Subject: RE: Apply this logic and see if it flies

C IL
That’s the way the laws work in this country.

The issue is what are you going to do when even the folks in your general industry push back against potential odor issues and support changes the zoning or permit process. Scary.

My neighbor says he has a couple three thousand steers in 4 big huge barns. Half a mile upwind from where my brother was going to rebuild the 150-year old original place from when the family immigrated and settled here. A bit hard for him to get excited about putting a bunch of effort into that location. From what I can tell my neighbor complied with the minimal permits and zoning required but he has affected property values of nearby homes negatively. Says he is zoned to put 20k animals on his 20 acre site. Don’t know where they all would stand if that were the case.

I have tried to work with him to be a better steward of his resource while remaining a neutral neighbor. He showed up this spring with injectors on his slurry wagons which can’t hurt - minimizing odor goes a long way to getting my support or neutrality to his operations. Deep pit stuff can be pretty sour smelling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)