AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sioux Falls, SD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 7/1/2018 15:51 (#6844555 - in reply to #6843841)
Subject: RE: Sioux Falls, SD

Iowa
Stayed at a hotel in Hill City. Other hotels were simply where we planned to end up at bedtime on our way to and from the Black Hills. The Corn Palace, Wall Drug, and the Falls at Sioux falls were worth about an hour each. I would skip them if short on time. There was a car museum somewhere along the interstate in South Dakota that looked good, but we did not have time to go through it.

Hill City was a nice, small town to stay in with some friendly hotels, places to eat, and was only a short drive to most of the Black Hills attractions. Keystone was another fun town located very close to Mt. Rushmore that had some good entertainment. There was a steam engine train you could ride between Keystone and Hill City if I remember correctly. You could probably spend a day or two driving through Custer park, very beautiful scenery. I did not go through cave of the winds, but it looked like it was worth seeing if you have the time. Crazy Horse was something to see, but I very much prefer Mt. Rushmore. If you are into running or biking, there is a trail through the Black Hills. It was just outside the back door of our Hotel in Hill City.

We stopped at sort of drive through zoo possibly called Bear Country near Rapid City on the way out that I think kids would enjoy. We also went spent half a day in the Badlands which was also worth seeing on the way out.

We were in the area for almost three days. We would have gone to see Devil's Tower if we had an extra day. We were there a couple weeks after the motorcycle crowds and when most of the kids were back in school. There were still lots of people, but not over crowded. If you plan to go later like this, just be aware they had a huge Blizzard there a few years ago in September (if I recall correctly) that killed lots of cattle. The weather was beautiful the year we were there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)