AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grandma says!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/24/2018 08:54 (#6830810 - in reply to #6830636)
Subject: RE: Grandma says!

Nw Iowa
This last weeks rain covered a pretty big area. Usally when you hear about 3-6 in rains it is very localized area. This one was hundreds of square miles. For most it was on top of a couple 1 to 2 in rains or more. Talked to a guy at a auction the other night and he had 14" in 14 days. Problem is that even well tiled farms are flooding because outlets are full with no place to go. I don't think it will have much effect on the market but along with late planting and prevent planting and now drownouts we will be very close to fed crop guarantees even if best corn and bean yield well. 20% or more of neighbor hood corn was planted last couple days of may or first few days in June. I would say in our area there will be at least 5 acres avg per quarter drowned out and I think that is conservative. It could easily be double that. Some have over 30. I don't think people realize full damage because crop was getting tall. Other issue they are talking more rain this week so unless it drys up these spots are not going to get planted. We have about another week window to replant beans and than church is out. Area is west of 35 and north and south of I 90 corridor
Rain makes grain but you have to have something growing to make grain.

Edited by jdironman 6/24/2018 08:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)