AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

steve1616
Posted 6/19/2018 09:52 (#6821355 - in reply to #6820149)
Subject: RE: Church

North East Kansas
I don't mean to open a can of worms, but you said we need to believe the entire Bible, not the cafeteria Bible that allows to take some of this and none of that. Does your conscience tell you that we should put to death every person that works on the Sabbath. Numbers 15:35. Do you truly believe in the Bible? If so, I guess God's own son deserved to be put to Death for working on the Sabbath. He was even ok with his apostles working on the Sabbath. Matthew 12: 1-14. Jesus Christ refuted a lot of the words written in the Bible and those refutes are in the scriptures themselves. Most of the time someone says we must believe the entire Bible and can't give and take, those people haven't read the Bible all the way through or studied it for hours and hours and years upon years. If they did, maybe they would put down the pitch fork, and maybe they themselves would question things. If they don't question things, than I feel they must be ok with being a murderer since that takes place supposedly at Gods will in so many places.

And yes I have heard all the excuses for all of these scriptures in question. Why must we have excuses? If we use the Bible to every word, Jesus Christ would also be crucified today. Why isn't it pointed out how many times Jesus corrects bad teachings in the Bible. Does God even need the Bible, after all, his word is written on our hearts. The law of Moses was to love thy neighbor and hate thine enemy. Jesus again points out that this law is wrong. He says we are to love thine neighbor and also love thine enemy. Is God that forgetful that he teaches one thing, and then backtracks? I don't think so. I think Man has had far too much influence on the Bible. You can see that with the literal interpretations in the Bible. I studied the literal interpretations for a long time, and me nor many scholars have any idea how some of the words got changed to mean something totally different. Now what do we believe, the literal interpretations from Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or the Bible that we currently have?

As a Catholic, I never questioned the Bible, but then again I read it with closed eyes, and I never read it through and through. Its easier not to question a book you haven't studied for such a long time. Yes, I read the gospels in church, and yes I read the Bible, but never contemplated it like I should have. I find it disgusting when people hang on every word even when Jesus himself is documented over 2000 years ago as refuting some of these preachings that are still preached today. Why did Jesus even come. We seem to have gone back to the old ways. People try to use scripture to allow hate and killing, and Jesus himself preached against this. My Christian friends believe that God required a blood sacrifice and that is why he sacrificed his own son. Well Jesus must not have been taught by God, because Jesus said he "requires mercy, not sacrifice". He even accuses the Pharisees of not understanding the words. He then goes on to tell them they accuse the innocent. The Pharisees then went about plotting to kill Jesus. Jesus came preaching never ending love, and the Bible doesn't always agree with this. No wonder the Pharisees wanted to kill this fraud known as Jesus. He is not psychotic, bipolar, and murderous like their Good book written by man says he is.

Only ask yourself one question. If Jesus came today, would you accept him, or crucify him for not teaching what is in your book. Jesus teachings at the time were ludicrous and totally different. After all, if he believed every last word of the Bible (old testament) the way it is taught, he would have fit in with the Pharisees. I guess I am done for now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)