AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little warm today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/18/2018 05:41 (#6818896 - in reply to #6818619)
Subject: RE: A little warm today

sw ontario
'08 was the the yr. of wheat contracts ---IIRC a bunch of contracted wheat got winter killed in '07 so elevators rolled those contracts too '08 , our dollar had been weak and basis was +2 .......'here' local elevator contracted a bunch of $4 + CBOT contracts with no basis locked in ---then dollar changed ,went to minus basis and guys were selling '08 what for less than $1 bu.....and Feb '08 wheat went crazy ,futures traded up around $23 but could not contract (or really sell) as buyers didn't want it at that price and even the big grain companies co-ops were running out of margin money credit---we delivered wheat that summer for less than $2 and for over $8.50.....our little packing plant were we delivered hogs took them around Christmas and we thought we were lucky to get rid of them and then got a cheque for like $38 pig....Ontario pork says those they sent to Alberta actually never paid the trucking bill but not socially acceptable too just kill & landfill them....they had too send trucks in convoys of 5 or so as running in US they were worried drivers would get assaulted by US pork producers....now a good note, with the heat your Daughters lake front home just increased in value yesterday with the heat....was in Chatham/Blenheim yesterday and other than the really good dirt crops looked like here---small ,slow,late--Like my Dad always told me "make sure you pay your crop insurance",,,edit to add : I see by Sarnia it was 39c on your map , Son lives just about under that 39

Edited by redoak 6/18/2018 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)