AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

steve1616
Posted 6/17/2018 22:52 (#6818744 - in reply to #6818001)
Subject: RE: Church

North East Kansas
The bible is clear on a lot of things. For instance, if you pick up sticks on the Sabbath, then surely you must die. They even condemned Jesus for healing on the Sabbath. I myself haven't gone to church in almost a year. The reason I left had nothing to do with the pastor and everything to do with the people that attend. It was the "high moral superiority" of the church people that did me in. Maybe these churches are dwindling because of the people in them and not the pastors. I was so appalled when I hear all the judgement from people, but they can't even see the horrible things they themselves do. I wasn't the one being judged in my church, but couldn't stand watching it done to others. I can see the value of the Bible, but I started disliking it when people used that same good book to pick out versus so they could use them for hate. If you were a woman, would you still feel like they are worth hearing? I find it disgusting that people use the Bible for discrimination and hate. How many times did Jesus himself preach outside of the temple? Did he not see the value of the Church? The church goers at the time crucified him for his different way of teaching.

Does man need a building (temple) to have a church, Just like in the old testament. What does the temple mean if the priests and the following don't practice what they preach. I heard all the stories from the Bible about Jesus when I was a kid, and I was so confused because it seems like we went back to the exact same way of thinking that Jesus taught against so many years ago.

On the topic of women, or different colors, and etc. Do you believe that God painted the soul before God put it into the machine (human body). Do you believe the machine we are put into makes some of us more superior to others?

The one thing that will always stick with me is Gods prayer. One of the versus says, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". To me it looks like we will be judged in the same manner that we judge others.

I also believe that we should treat each other the way we would want to be treated, or treat each other the way that the other person would want to be treated since we all have different values. In that same teaching, if you were a woman, how would you feel about this thread. Thankfully the God I love doesn't care about all of man's rules that Jesus preached against in the new testament, that we have somehow adopted again. The God I love wants us to treat all others with love. I am truly disheartened that so many people can think that a woman is somehow inferior to a man. If they are inferior in the church and shouldn't teach in a church, then why do we allow them to raise and teach our children since a mother would have so much more influence than a pastor. Do we not see the bigotry of the whole idea that the sex of a human makes them inferior to men in the church?

One last thing. If the old testament was so perfect, then why was Jesus even necessary? That statement only applies to those that use the old testament to judge others and use versus from it to fulfill their hate. I remember a story of a man that used the old testament to justify killing a bunch of Gay people. I guess the, "Do not Kill" commandment didn't apply to him. Sorry for the rant, but this whole thread is truly unbelievable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)