AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little warm today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/17/2018 22:03 (#6818619 - in reply to #6817627)
Subject: RE: A little warm today

North of London
Yes, you win.

'Only' got up to 38.2 here.
My thermometer is in a standard weather station box so should be as accurate as you can get not being impacted by direct sun.

Dry here too.
there was a rain in London and area last week when the thunderstorms went through and produced the tornados east of here but we did not get any.

Your history of years is a little different than mine.
Plowed white beans down in '67 & '77 then it surprised me and got me in '86 with bad weather for harvesting beans.
Yes '88 was a learning experience with drought when I had almost no rain from mid May until the last few days of July.

Of course anyone with pigs in '98 remembers that year when there was no place to ship them some weeks and you had to hold them until next week when price was likely lower still because of overweight animals.

'08 does not ring a bell with me but there was a year back there that people could not fill wheat contracts because of quality and so they rolled them and missed the BIG $ the next year. I did not have any contracted so did not impact me.

The future can either help us or hurt us and there is no way to know until we look back but I would certainly feel a lot better with some rain right now. Corn was rolling in the heat today.

Today there was a noticeable difference in fields with good soil tilth compared to those that have been abused.

Edited by OntarioCanuck 6/17/2018 22:05

(Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.53.00 PM (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 10.53.00 PM (full).png (42KB - 10 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)