AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sibling you just can't get along with?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 6/17/2018 13:51 (#6817572 - in reply to #6817267)
Subject: Always one in the family

Aberdeen MS
that can do no wrong and one that can do no right. I'm the later, my older brother the former.

He lived in MI, so couldn't come home but once every 5 yrs or so, except when mother went to the Mayo clinic. Then he flew right in and was ever so concerned. I got reamed one night by my stepfather as I was on the road trucking and was gone too much. I was home once a month for 4-5 days. Big brother was just too busy and lived too far away.

The fact his divorce was because to got picked up and charged for solicitation one evening while away from home for his 2 weeks of active being in the AF reserves, was only known by me. To the rest of the family, she was the bad person. Not saying she was all that great of a person though. We were "just farmers", not exactly people she was comfy with her kids being around. The last time I saw my niece and nephew was mother's funeral in 91.

He had to read the step father's will when he passed away in 2007, he was an attorney after all. When he read he wasn't the executor, the expression on his face was he got kicked in the gut. that task fell on my shoulders. His face went white when he read that my stepfathers portion of the farm went to me, I did have to buy 40 acres from the estate and the proceeds went to him, along with life insurance and annuity policies that were in effect. It mattered not that I was a "partner" at that point for over 15 yrs, did 100% of the management for 10 yrs and got the privilege of assuming the mortgage. He poopoo'd the 20K loan he had gotten of my stepfather funds that was paying out of pocket nursing home expenses, but was very proud of his purchase of a $2K Burmese Mountain dog stud he bought just after the estate probate was finalized.

He managed to avoid me and keep it quiet in 2010 he was in MN for 5 days and stayed with step uncle (step dad and uncle farmed in partnership). I was asked about 5 months later if I had a nice visit with him when he was home. I had no clue. I often wonder what the conversation was between him and my uncle.

You aren't the only one. My parents are gone, my father before I turned 3, mother 27 yrs ago and step father 11 yrs ago. I'm not sure if the story of what he pulled last summer with an 85 yr old aunt is known by the rest of the remaining family or not. He just called her up and announced he would be there on such a day to stay at her place for my uncles funeral.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)