AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think I'm in heaven. Music-wise!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

okpanhandle
Posted 6/16/2018 07:32 (#6815483 - in reply to #6815197)
Subject: RE: I think I'm in heaven. Music-wise!

Guymon, OK
slewis - 6/15/2018 22:35

I used to think that too, but after awhile you will realize that they run the same music over and over just like FM radio. If you don't listen to it all the time no big deal, but it is noticeable if you have it on day after day. I just try to switch up my genres to keep things interesting. I did let mine expire and would like to have it back mainly for some road trips.

Their programming has really gone downhill in the last couple of years. They got rid of most of the DJs on the channels I listened to, then they started replaying shows and interviews multiple times a week (or day!). I enjoy a wide range of music, but I could only find four or five channels that played anything that I liked. I thought there used to be more variety, but like you said, now they just repeat the same music over and over--just like FM radio, they have to play what the record companies give them.

I had two receivers, one on an annual plan, and the other on a two-year. Both of them came up at the end of last year and they wanted nearly $500 to re-sub. I intended to let it expire, but they just took $25 out of my account without notifying me and kept the radios active. I wasn't too happy about that. I was a loyal customer for ten years, but when I called to cancel I was given this piddly offer of three months for $15. Once a week they mail something to me to get my business back and the last one was offering a year's service (on one receiver) for $60. Now, if five bucks per month was the going rate, with no haggling, no surprise "US music royalty fees," and they had clearly-stated benefits like long-term customer and multi-unit discounts, they might have retained my business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)