AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top Producer Came Today IFF Again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

billybob4010
Posted 4/12/2009 20:23 (#678131 - in reply to #678112)
Subject: Re: Top Producer Came Today IFF Again

...a franchise? Sounds like another glorified scheme to get a couple farmers to do a bunch of work and take all of the risk. So I send them 28/acre to 'buy in' and Family Farms LLC sits on it? Or, excuse me - they 'help' me farm because I cannot myself. And what happens when I go belly up because I am paying $500/acre rent, subsidized by the cheap inputs that they can get for me, so that I can meet the scope requirements set by Family Farm LLC? Are they going to rescue me? Are they going to tell that bankruptcy court that they are the boss? What consulting and managing advice do they have then?

I would rather take $28/acre and educate myself. I find it hard to believe these operators are any more skilled or educated than I could be if I spent $28/acre on myself.

If you are worried about them moving to your area and taking your ground from you please read the article again. He basically says "we will not own land". Wow. Looks like all you have to do to beat them is buy some land and farm it. Amazing. And if that is not your style, I bet it would be if you could buy it for 5000/acre and turn around and rent it to these Family Farms operations @ 500/acre. Sounds like they are subsidizing your mortgage payment.....but this is just to far out of the box for some people...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)