AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Apple Inc. Did you see this headline?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 5/13/2018 15:43 (#6758545 - in reply to #6758487)
Subject: RE: Apple Inc. Did you see this headline?

EC SoDak
With computers I used to run various windows based platforms, HP was my favorite of that type. Typically one would last about 2-3 years before it died, let alone all the crashes, glitches, and other problems. I’ve had my Apple laptop for 3 years and it’s literally never crashed, had a failed part, failed to save, etc. I wouldn’t disagree Apple is spendy, but it has been a superior product in my experience. Apple didn’t enter the race to the bottom fighting to keep sales up because of all the identical competition who had price to market on.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes an open platform is a wonderful thing, but it also has many issues with it.

As for parents having to spend all this money, that is a parental problem. Make the kids get a job and buy things that are above average. My parents never told me to get a job, while still helping on the farm, but I did want clothes that weren’t Wal-Mart brand, decent shoes, a car, etc. I wanted those things so I got a part time job and I learned the value of a dollar and products along with it. My parents helped me with college tuition, roughly 1/3, and I worked and took out student loans to pay the rest of tuition, room and board was on me. About 2/3 of my friends who either got grants or parents covered tuition dropped out because they didn’t have their skin in the game and thought parties and women were more important. Before people assume I’m that old guy who doesn’t understand these times, I’m in my lower 30s. This farming thing feels a lot like college, it’s tough, a lot of temptations. But if you put in the time, effort, and use what’s between the ears, you can make a go of it.

Edited by SoDak Farms 5/13/2018 16:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)