AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else going to be pushing 2018 corn sales at these prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 4/9/2018 12:50 (#6698641 - in reply to #6698574)
Subject: RE: Anyone else going to be pushing 2018 corn sales at these prices?

Southeast Colorado
Yes. Looking at Seaboard again. It would definitely be setting the basis. Also have the option to just price it as well. Cool thing is that it is still basically today's price with an additional 4 cents for every month between now and when you want to set delivery. Even if you're looking clear out to Summer of 2019. There is one month break over during the summer they don't pay you for so it actually works out to a little under 4 cents.

I understand what you're saying about not wanting to set the basis right now.............but it does avoid margin calls and I wouldn't hardly do it on all of my expected production. Just seems like maybe some should be sold here pretty soon. With all of that said I'm not sure whether I'll jump in or not. It seems as though we've managed to survive to this point and my production is usually all over the place with little consistency. It's so much easier to market after you actually know what you have!

And with regards to you comparing to last year..............pretty sure most farmers market like they should have last season...........and are usually disappointed. Just sayin. Good luck.

Edited by tmrand 4/9/2018 12:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)