AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

As I analyze and try to predict what The Donald's next move
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 4/7/2018 17:13 (#6694255 - in reply to #6694230)
Subject: RE: As I analyze and try to predict what The Donald's next move

South Central Iowa
Sorry Boone, but that is a little far fetched.

Firstly, trading China for North Korea is like trading a house for a bucket. North Korea has 20 odd million people, depending on the latest famine, and China has 70 times that many. I don't doubt they are very, very hungry, but it might take a little more than just that.

Secondly, there seems to be a missing step in your plan. You went from trade deal with the North to unified penninsula pretty fast. A trade deal to begin with would be a pretty poor decision, it would give the appearance of rewarding the rogue creation of nuclear weapons. Also, I don't think the Hermit Kings leave willingly. For one, they would never be allowed their fortune or safety; some international court would always want them for crimes against humanity or something and the formerly oppressed would always want retribution. Second, they like having absolute power; that probably is pretty enjoyable.

China needs dealt with. We do not have free trade or respect of property rights with them while they do with us. There are different strategies for dealing with them than what Trump is doing, but he deserves credit for acting instead of being an ostrich. But if his grand scheme all along was leverage over North Korea, I wouldn't even have words for how poor of a plan that would be.

Edit: Jack and the Bean Stalk comes to mind, except in this case, the magic beans are just beans. Jack, you traded the cow for 5 magic beans?!?!? Jack plants them, and they just grow into a regular old plant. Face palm....

Edited by Conan the Farmer 4/7/2018 17:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)