AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I think alot of you bashing forgot what happened a few years ago!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Just saying
Posted 4/6/2018 09:20 (#6691077 - in reply to #6690912)
Subject: RE: I think alot of you bashing forgot what happened a few years ago!

N.W. Ohio
I think a better anology to your house burglary would be to install a security system with cameras and actually catch and procecute the criminals when caught in the act, not just slap them on the wrist and say "please don't do this anymore!". Why are we not renegotiating our trade agreement with China? They have much product to sell here and we have much product to sell to them. They currently buy more soybeans from Brazil than from the US, the tariffs if enacted will cause them to buy an even larger amount from SA. We need to renegotiate and tell them "look, if you want to continue to sell this amout of your products into the US, you will need to buy much more of the products you import from the US and bring the trade balance closer into line. Perhaps this is Trump's way of getting them to take notice and be more ready to negotiate? Idk? But my fear is that we push that much more buisness to Brazil and they continue to expand acres rapidly while we become the worlds soybean supplier of last resort. I really hope I'm wrong, but we were told at a marketing meeting this winter that Brazil has 24 mil acres that can be brought into production almost immediately. I know their infrastructure is aweful for getting those beans to port, but China has been making investments into improving this for years and likely will continue to help improve that situation. Don't think this can't happen, the Nixon and Carter embargos had much to do with SA ramping up production at a rapid pace. Will this have similar results? time will tell. Hopefully a good outcome can be had from this situation. We'll see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)